Musings of a pondering mind - 1

There comes a point in life for every individual, when he/she thinks if whatever he/she is doing right now, or whatever he/she wants to do sometime in the future, is worth it, really, in the end! What is the point of everything? Every decision we take, every big step we take, how is it going to affect the world we live in, finally? 

What was the purpose of putting us on this place called earth, by our creator? Is it true that what we do now, will affect our so called after-life, if there is any? Will karma take it's course once we are dead. That all our actions will be carefully paid for? 

Or is it just luck, that perhaps Earth was luckily placed at the right distance from the sun, hence letting the natural elements present in the universe to react and generate things around us. That 'life' begins from a mere cell, points us to the direction of notions of co-incidence, more than anything. Hey, the temperature was just about right and other basic necessities were just able to last for life to continue on earth. Too good to be true, you say? That so many coincidences couldn't possibly happen simultaneously? 
Well, to answer that, I would say, do you know how vast the universe actually is? No. Neither do I. But, from what we have seen - from researches and space expeditions and theories - it indeed is very large. This is just how much we know! There's probably so much more, that it could overwhelm us to our death. Having said this, I would like to add that the probability of all this being a coincidence is very high. Because, there could be so many more planets with life on it. And I believe that there indeed are, many 'earths'. 

So, coming to the point.. A person is born alone and he/she dies alone. Like the Bible says :

By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.

Whatever happens in between..does it really matter? The rules we create, the pressure we put ourselves in, is it worth it? What if we lived carelessly? By carelessly, I mean, not bothering what everybody else wants, but doing exactly what one loves doing. 

We know that there are two extreme feelings : Love and Hatred. We know that love is good, warm and happy; while hatred is exactly opposite. Then why do we put ourselves in a situation where hatred or hating someone or something becomes inevitable? Is living in a 'society' under the 'society's rules' the only way to make ourselves civilized? "We are after all humans". We know its wrong, but yet, we have to do it! And then give the aforesaid excuse. 

A long time before I find the answers to my questions, I guess. :)
If at all it's true, I envy Buddha for being enlightened. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just tring..tring.. or more?

Train of thought

Make way, I'm late!